Our WorkXRAIL Group - Engineering Together
Bridge Renewal at Bonhill Road in Scotland
Published: 31st July 2019
This Case Study was Written by: Monica Barbosa - XRAIL Group
- The Clients – AMCO Giffen
- The Project – Bridge Renewal at Bonhill Road – Dumbarton, Scotland
- Project Period – October 2018
XRAIL was required to plan, manage and deliver the Signalling Installation for the associated bridge renewal at Bonhill Road, Dumbarton, Scotland.
The scope consisted of the disconnection, re-instatement and testing of the signalling equipment in and around the bridge renewal. XRAIL also undertook temporary works throughout the worksite prior to welding and handing back to Operations (Signaller).
Below is the list of documents / equipment and testing undertaken for this project:
- Maintenance Test Plan List
- Forms A – G
- SMTH Log Slip
- Toolbox talks
- Dynamic Risk Assessments
- Site reports
Equipment which was disconnected, re-instated and tested:
- DC Track Circuits
- Clamplock Points
- Stanchion Bonds
- Lift and shift of Lineside cables
- Temporary bonding for welding cover
- 5 Single Core
- Track connections to AR69 Cembre track fittings.