Our WorkXRAIL Group - Engineering Together
HS2 Enabling Works (London Euston)
Published: 31st October 2019
This Case Study was Written by: Monica Barbosa - XRAIL Group
- The Client – Colas Rail & Balfour Beatty
- The Project – HS2 Enabling Works at Euston
- Project Period – 2018 – current
High Speed Two (HS2) is the new high speed railway that will be the backbone of the national rail network. It will link London and Birmingham to Manchester, the East Midlands and Leeds. The £900m Enabling Works Contracts cover the whole of Phase One, from London to Birmingham and the connection to the West Coast Mainline at Handsacre.
XRAIL’s scope of its bid, under the terms of the Colas Rail commission, required to :
- Axle Counters (AZLM) and HVI track circuits test/reset cover for civils and p-way, moving dis box locations to enable works.
- Smth cover for designers (AECOM) in and around Camden sidings during correlation of power cables, tracing cables, verifying cables, tag and trace of cables. This work was in Camden sidings including trackside, route works, train wash and power cubicles back to substation.
- Covering weekend works associated with Axle Counter resets, Relocation of HVI Track circuits and all affected disconnection boxes in the area. The moving of HVI dis boxes, AWS dis boxes at juniper close access point to enable civils/ pway works to be undertaken.
With the redistribution of work XRAIL is continuing to provide its support and expertise in the HS2 enabling works at Euston with Balfour Beatty.
This project is still ongoing.